Donations at a Glance
People to People Liaison (PTPL) works primarily with orphans and children whose parents are unable to pay school tuition in the Uvira region of Eastern Congo. For ten years, PTPL supported vocational training in a refugee camp in the Kigoma region of Tanzania near the Congo border. This support was suspended in 2012 due to increased instability within the refugee camp. Funds for Congolese Vocational School Tuition are being provided for the first time in 2014.
PTPL's programs include:
...providing financial support to children who would not otherwise be able to attend school in the hope that attending school will provide some semblance of normalcy to their lives:
- $35 provides primary school annual tuition for one child aged 6-12.
- $55 provides secondary school annual tuition for one child aged 13-18.
- Learn more about our Educational programs.
...providing funds for microcredit revolving loans to women to enable them to begin or to grow small businesses to support their families:
- $50-$200 provides microcredit loan for a small business. Some of the entrepreneurial activities the women are engaged in are sales of various articles, like fruits, pastries, fabric, mosquito nets, beans, rice, dried fish, charcoal and used clothing. Other businesses include a pastry making venture and a small restaurant.
- Learn more about the Microcredit Program here.